Goal of this course lesson is to give students an understanding on how inbound and outbound logistics work in relationship to the overall supply chain and ecommerce.
Topics in this module
- How do products ordered online reach the customer? What subjects are involved in this?
- Inbound and outbound logistics
- Traditional Procurement & Supply chain
- EDI, RFID, JIT, drop shipment, e-market places, e-procurement
- Local configuration, vendor management inventory, near shoring
- Timing of inbound and outbound logistics, stock levels and economics
- Delivery options
- Fulfilment vs. Outsourcing
Theory in this module
- Michaels Porter Value China model