Online communities offer a wide range of opportunities today, whether they are supporting a cause, marketing a product or service, or developing open source software.
The Art Of Community will help you develop the broad range of talents you need to recruit memebers to your community, motivate and manage them, and help them become active participants.
Author Jono Bacon offers a collection of expereiences and observations from his decade long involvement in building and managing communities.
- develop a community strategy, with specific objectives and goals for buidling your community
- Build simple, nonbureaucratic processes to help your community perform tasks, work together, and share successes
- Provide community tools and infrastructure to help contributors work quickly
- Create buss around your community to get more people involved
- Track the community's work so it can be optimized and simplified
- Explore a capable, respresentative governance strategy for yoru community
- Identify and manage conflict, including dealing with divisive personalities
published by Jono Bacon - O'Reilly