Today, eCommerce/digital influences up to 56% of in-store purchases, while eCommerce itself represents almost 10% of U.S. retail sales and that figure is growing by nearly 15% annually. Digital commerce has gone beyond “buying something on a website” to a series of interactions that rely on technology to move goods.
As these figures suggest, stores can no longer survive without being present on their customers’ preferred channels; retailers need to fully integrate digital commerce in order to thrive. Similarly, B2B is nearing the eCommerce tipping point and disruption will become more frequent in 2018.
As one of North America’s leading eCommerce agencies with retail and B2B clients such as Fujifilm, Structube, Grimco, Stokes, Garneau, La Vie en Rose, Birks and SAIL – to name but a few – Absolunet has a front row seat when it comes to eCommerce trends. Here are 10 eCommerce trends to watch for in 2018—important developments that companies need to take into consideration to ensure their online and in-store sales growth.
1. THE REBIRTH OF BRICK AND MORTAR
2. THE CONSUMERIZATION OF B2B
3. AR IN YOUR HOUSE
4. “ROPO”: THE NEW MEASURE OF A RETAILER’S DIGITAL SUCCESS
5. MOBILE CHECKOUT OVERTAKES DESKTOP CHECKOUT
6. MACHINE LEARNING X ECOMMERCE
7. AMAZON & THE YEAR OF MARKETPLACE MATURITY
8. VOICE WILL CHANGE GOOGLE/SEO/ECOMMERCE FOREVER
9. PHOTO SHOPPING
10. REACHING PEAK BROWSER
Presented by: Absolunet