The Ecommerce Report Japan 2018 (Free) provides a brief overview of the state of ecommerce in Japan. This report has been published by Ecommerce Foundation with hand-selected data which includes ecommerce trends, facts and figures, and offers insights into the Japanese ecommerce market, that will help both domestic and international retailers evaluate their potential for success in the Japanese ecommerce market.
Topics and Scope
Infrastructure and Logistics
About the Report
Did you know?
- Japan’s population is shrinking, decreasing almost 800 thousands inhabitants in only three years.
- In Japan, around 95% of the population is accessing the Internet, ranking 11th in the Inclusive Internet Index.
- Japan is also ahead in infrastructure and logistics, ranking 5th in the Logistical Performance Index.
- Online spending on toys, DIY and hobby are the highest with an expenditure of $22 billions in 2017.
- Rakuten is the leading online retailer in Japan, doubling revenues in comparison to Amazon.
- Most e-shoppers use price comparison sites for pre-purchase research.
- Consumers mostly buy books, movies, music and games online.
- Over 80% of Japanese consumers pay via credit card.
- The number 1 reason for webshop preference is “wide product selection”.
- Surprisingly, just 6% bought ‘cross-border’ or ‘cross-border & domestic’.
- Most online buyers buy from online marketplaces, such as eBay, Etsy…
Optional: Get the extended report
The extended Ecommerce Report Japan 2018 (paid-version) is available on Ecommerce Foundation.
Other reports you might like:
Global Ecommerce Report 2018
Russia Ecommerce Report 2018
India Ecommerce Report 2018
China Ecommerce Report 2018