The Ecommerce Report United States 2018 (Free) provides a brief overview of the state of ecommerce in the United States. This report has been published by Ecommerce Foundation with hand-selected data which includes ecommerce trends, facts and figures, and offers insights into the American ecommerce market, that will help both domestic and international retailers evaluate their potential for success in the American ecommerce market.
Topics and Scope
Introduction: United States
Infrastructure and Logistics
About the Report
Did you know?
- Around 88% of the American population accessed the Internet in 2017, ranking 3rd in the Inclusive Internet Index.
- US ranks 14th in the Logistical Performance Index, 6th in the Ease of Doing Business Index & 11th in E-Government Index.
- Shockingly, B2C ecommerce to hit $521 billion in 2018.
- E-GDP has increased in the US from 1,9% in 2015 to 2,56% in 2018.
- E-shopper penetration is expected to grow at 11% in 2018.
- In US, most eShoppers shop once or more per month.
- Consumer electronics led in 2017 among eRetail categories.
- Amazon sites lead in popular retail websites.
- Amazon, eBay and Etsy are leading online marketplaces. In fact, eBay was the #1 retail app in the US for both Android & iOS.
- For the United States, China is biggest ecommerce importer & Facebook the leading social media network.
- Surprisingly, the majority of American consumers shop online domestically only.
- Credit card is most used payment method amongst US eShoppers.
Optional: Get the extended report
The extended Ecommerce Report United States 2018 (paid-version) is available on Ecommerce Foundation.
Other reports you might like:
Global Ecommerce Report 2018
Russia Ecommerce Report 2018
India Ecommerce Report 2018
China Ecommerce Report 2018
Japan Ecommerce Report 2018