The Ecommerce Report Africa 2018 (Free) provides a brief overview of the state of ecommerce in Africa. This report has been published by Ecommerce Foundation with hand-selected data which includes ecommerce trends, facts and figures, and offers insights into the African ecommerce market, that will help both domestic and international retailers evaluate their potential for success in the African ecommerce market.
- Introduction: Africa
- Ecommerce in Africa
- Country Profiles
- About the Report
- South Africa is expected to grow in the coming year to a forecasted USD 3.3 billion.
- Egypt has an expansive market, having reached almost USD 4 billion in sales in 2017.
- Africa has seen the fastest growth rates in Internet penetration in 2018
- South Africa ranks 33rd in the Logistics Performance Index
- 38% of African consumers prefer to buy domestically only
- In Egypt, 14% of the population stated they have bought online using a smartphone
- In South Africa, consumers spend mostly in the fast food category of online shopping.
- Roughly 80% of ecommerce purchases are still paid by cash on delivery in Egypt.
- Only 29% of the population has a bank account in Angola.
The extended Ecommerce Report: Africa 2018 (paid-version) is available on Ecommerce Foundation.