The Ecommerce Report Australia 2018 (Free) provides a brief overview of the state of ecommerce in Australia. This report has been published by Ecommerce Foundation with hand-selected data which includes ecommerce trends, facts and figures, and offers insights into the Australian ecommerce market, that will help both domestic and international retailers evaluate their potential for success in the Australian ecommerce market.
Topics and Scope
Infrastructure and Logistics
About the Report
Did you know?
- Australian population is considered young, as almost 30% is below the age of 24, and 70% below 54.
- Australian unemployment is forecasted to drop to 5,3% by the end of this year.
- Australian GDP is expected to increase in 2018 in both, Australian Dollar (AUD) and US Dollar (USD).
- Internet users in Australia to reach 88% in 2018.
- Australia ranks 25th on the Inclusive Internet Index.
- Australia ranks 2nd on the E-Government Development Index, 14th on the Ease of Doing Business Index & 18th on the Logistics Performance Index.
- eBay is the leading ecommerce market place in Australia.
- PayPal is the market leader with a market share of online payment processing providers of over 62%.
- 50% of Australians agree that customer reviews on the internet is very helpful.
- According to Statista, more than 60% of Australians do some research on the internet when planning a major purchase.
- Clothing is the most common category when buying online, followed by multimedia products.
- “Australians are adventurous eaters, so food items that play to trends are also likely to do well in the coming year”, according to Colins Rex, Director Africa & Asia for the Global Trade Professionals Alliance.
Optional: Get the extended report
The extended Ecommerce Report: Australia 2018 (paid-version) is available on retailx.net
Other reports you might like:
Brazil Ecommerce Report 2018
Global Ecommerce Report 2018
Africa Ecommerce Report 2018
United States Ecommerce Report 2018