This is our UK report, one of the most advanced ecommerce markets in the world. The UK is a smartphone-savvy, frequent purchasing market, with a focus on fashion. The UK consumer is happy to buy globally, however non-UK retailers need to have a delivery promise, payment and service experience that equals the highly-competitive and capable domestic offerings.
The highlights of the full report:
- Overview of the UK B2C online retail market
- Q&A: Andy Mulcahy, IMRG
- Partner perspectives: Amazon Pay, Attraqt, Avalara & Rakuten Advertising
- Digital market overview
- Ecommerce overview: retail and coronavirus
- Ecommerce overview: 2020 and beyond
- Analysis of the UK consumer
- Case studies: Stitch Fix, The UK B2C grocery sector & Blockchain and proving brand authenticity
Did you know:
- 40.29% of the UK’s population are aged between 25 and 54
- The UK’s population is forecast to grow 1.55% to 67.9m in 2020
- The UK has a Ease of Doing Business Index of 9 out of 190 meaning the regulatory environment is conducive to the starting and operating of a local firm.
- 96% of the UK’s population are forecast to use in the internet in 2020
- The majority of its 67m population is comfortable with accessing services online, with 87% of those with internet access happily shopping online.
- The UK is the largest B2C ecommerce market in Europe.
- Click and Collect Turnover is forecast to be 11.9 Billion Euros by 2023
- 60% of the population of the UK purchased clothes or sporting goods online in 2019