The marketing campaign plan describes in detail a specific marketing campaign. A marketing campaign plan contains the following items:
- Why: The campaign goals and how these goals are monitored and measured.
- Who: Who is the target customer segment, including possible additional customer insight?
- What: The key campaign messages and offers (for example, focus on the brand values or discounts).
- Where: How can the target customer segment best be reached and via what media?
- When: What message is communicated when and via what medium?
- How: The same message can be communicated in many different ways as the example below shows.
- With what: The campaign costs including both financial and human resources.