Communities consist of a network of people with a common agenda, cause, or interest, who collaborate by sharing ideas, information, and other resources. Online communities exist of people who primarily interact through a computer network. These virtual communities mostly have registered users who participate in online discussions on topics of mutual interest. It is important for people to feel at home and retreive a good feeling from spending time in their online community in order to return and become a loyal community member.
Examples of communities
Some examples of varied communities and their peer groups:
- Mumsnet - mothers
- Teachers Connect - teachers
- Barista Exchange - Baristas
- Threadless - designers
- ModelMayhem - models and photographers
- CommunityCare - social workers
- Triiibes - marketeers
- Fashionchick - Fashion lovers
- FIFA - football fans
- TripAdvisor - travel fans
- Geneva Web Communications - People living in Geneva
- MyGarden - UK Gardening fans
- PoliceOne - USA Policy officers.